Zimmermania

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Handspun Seamless Wave-Patterned Yoke Sweater

Hi! I'm Adrian from Hello Yarn and Elizabeth Zimmermann rocks my world.

In the past, I've knit her Moccasin Socks, used her seamless raglan recipe for a sweater for my husband, a sweater for a friend, and early on, generally borrowed her fearlessness in knitting.

I've already kind of started a sweater for this knit-along. It's a handspun seamless yoke sweater with a simple wave pattern around the yoke and a little edging detail.



The wave pattern will be two-sided on the sweater, but you get the idea- lovely woolly plain brown yarn for the body and blue multi-colored yarn for the wave and edging. I've got the sleeves done and am already working on the body. :o

I can't wait to see what everyone else is making!

3 Comments:

  • wow, that is gorgeous, adrian! i can't believe how perfectly the handspun works with the wave motif.

    By Blogger jess, at 7:27 AM  

  • So beautiful! I love the variegated waves.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 AM  

  • This is going to be so gorgeous...I love your wave idea.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home