Zimmermania

Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm a joiner *smile*

I had been working away on a totally different sweater for my BF had made my way up to the arm holes on the back of a 38" men's sweater on size 4 needles when he saw me browsing brooklyntweed's seamless hybrid and decided he would like that instead. Men! Here's the yarn I'm using for my version. Rowan felted tweed in phantom for the hems and rowanspun dk for the main body of the sweater. Someday I will make one for myself in the reverse colors so we can kinda be twins.

I can't complain too much though because his fickleness gave me the opportunity to join this knit along. That and the fact that I'm spinning the cormo to make a Zimmerman pattern. I have her knitting workshop book and DVD so I'm using those and together to knit this sweater. This will be my first sweater that doesn't really have a pattern, wish me luck.


This was my first time doing a provisional cast on and I decided to use some cotton and this nifty cast on I found over at Knitting at Knoon.


In order to join the two parts together I took out the waste cotton and placed the live stitches on another needle to do a sort of three needle bind off, but without the binding off part...


I knit one stitch off each needle in order to knit them together.

There you have it. I've made it much further than this since the picture was taken but you get the idea. I probably won't post any more pictures of this one for a while because they will look just like this just... longer *smile*

Cross posted to my blog

3 Comments:

  • that seamless hybrid! it seems to have a hypnotizing effect on men, doesn't it? ;)

    looks great so far!

    By Blogger jess, at 9:37 PM  

  • I know what you mean, I've been showing the BF patterns for months now and he's always luke warm about them. He see's this one and then he's decided, LOL!

    By Blogger superstahr, at 11:51 AM  

  • I've used that same hem on socks - it's wonderful! There's no real cast on edge - it's very stretchy and forgiving.

    I love your colors, BTW.

    By Blogger Karla (ThreadBndr), at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home