Zimmermania

Friday, September 29, 2006

Teeny Tiny Tomten

First, I want to thank you all for your kind words on Bunny's Tomten! It was so much fun to make. I had a few questions on it, so I thought I would answer them here. I used worsted weight Encore from Plymouth- it's mashine washable, which is nice for a toddler's jacket! I worked it on size 8 Addis, and it came out at just the right size for her. I did shorten the sleeves a little bit, but other than that, I followed the pattern exactly. I think that the Tomten has also been called the "Modular Jacket" and if you adjust the yarn and needle size, it can be made to fit anyone! EZ magic. I used the pattern in Opinionated Knitter, but I think that it is also included in Knitting Without Tears.

This picture is of the matching Tomten I'm making for Bunny's little sister Birdie, who is due in January. By making it in Baby Ull on size 3 Addis, it shrinks right down to newborn size! Wow. Baby Ull is washable, too. Fantastic!

As always, you can see more Bunny, Tomtens, and knitting at our blog, Such Small Hands.

1 Comments:

  • I love your tomtens! I've been wanting to make one, but nobody here has needed a new jacket yet. Levi's baby surprise jacket will be too small by the spring though, so maybe he'll get a tomten soon.
    Isn't the Baby Ull fantastic? I love it. It also works nicely doubled and knit tightly for mittens.

    By Blogger Renee, at 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home