Zimmermania

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Look! A body.



This is the start of a saddle-shoulder sweater based on the system outlined in KWT. I'm doing it on size seven/4.5mm needles with Highland Wool from Elann.com (color 1440). It's gonna be a Christmas present, if I get off my bum and finish it. I want to do some gansy-ish knit/purl patterning over the chest, and a twisted-stitch cable up the arm and across the shoulder strap.

Unfortunately, this is all I've got of a sleeve:


Time to get to work.

In-progress photos, grousing, and unrelated rambling can be found over at my blog, Samurai Knitter.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a terrific plan...surely hope it comes through and will be watching for the progress!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

  • I just finished a saddle shoulder for my husband and it came out great. I think next time when I get to the epault part I will slip the first stitch to make it smooth. I didn't on mine and I hope it can be blocked smooth. Yout cable pattern looks impressive.
    Peace and Yarn
    Annie

    By Blogger Annie in the Round, at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home