Zimmermania

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Moebius Vest finished!

You have no idea how happy I am to have finished this vest. I started on October 08th and finished it today. Of course I've been knitting several other things in between, because the miles and miles of garter stitch seemed endless to me. I have not blocked the vest, because I'm only going to wear it at home.
I love this yarn. I've used Berroco Ultra Alpaca in pea green with 5mm needles. I've knitted many items with this kind of yarn and love it. It even is great for felting.
You can find the pattern in the book "Knitting Around". I made the back in one piece. I should have knit the built in I-cord because the applied I-cord is pulling the fabric in. I made the I-cord loops for the buttons, which are "Edelweiss" buttons. They make this vest very "folksy". I'm glad it's done.
Happy knitting,

3 Comments:

  • Love that green! It looks like your gauge is a lot smaller than what EZ gives in Knitting Around - is that so? I've been thinking of making a Moebius vest for my dad in a bulky wool, so he can wear it for working outside when the weather's nippy.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 6:33 PM  

  • That is one fantastic vest!

    By Blogger Violiknit, at 9:27 AM  

  • Congrats on finishing! I love the buttons you've chosen. This is one of my favourite vest patterns...it's very unique, stylish and looks so warm. I would love to make one of these but the endless rows of garter stitch--urg. I am having enough trouble simply finishing a child-size tomten!

    By Blogger S, at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home