Zimmermania

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

3-Cornered Hat

This here is the 3-cornered hat from Elizabeth Zimmerman's book Knitter's Almanac. Same book that has the Ganomy hat. It was a super fast knit. I used Catalina Chunky yarn from the Yarn Tree DOUBLE stranded on size 13 needles. The only mod I did was to cast on an additional 6 sts because apparently my head is too big! Actually, it was because EZ has a gauge of 5.25 sts per 2". Mine is 5 sts....now that I measure it!! Geeze! I made a booboo! LOL When I had cast on the required 36 sts the hat wasn't fitting me. Go figure. Oh well. I love how big and bulky it is.

Whaddya think?



Pattern: 3-Cornered Hat
Source: Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac
Yarn: Catalina Chunky 100% Baby Alpaca
Needles: Size 13 Knit Picks Options
Cost: $11.60 per skein, took 2 skeins plus a tad bit of another
Started: November 26, 2006
Ended: November 28, 2006

6 Comments:

  • Very cool. The floppiness is kind of like a variation on a beret, which is very hip right now. If you tuck your hair inside, I think it could have an almost snood-like aspect to it, too. It's fun to see all these EZ patterns coming to life as people post projects to this blog(!)

    By Blogger Lydia, at 6:44 PM  

  • i like it.

    By Blogger sweetfigs, at 7:16 PM  

  • Looks cozy!

    By Anonymous brooke, at 8:11 PM  

  • That's cool! I love being able to see the hats in "real life" and in today's yarns. Great job knitting too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 PM  

  • It looks like a funky beret! Go for it!

    By Blogger Wendy, at 9:14 PM  

  • I think it's cool like that. It looks like a Stevie Nicks hat (circa 1985 but knitted instead of velvet).

    By Blogger Jeanne, at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home