Zimmermania

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

baby surprise jacket



Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket, The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Needles: Addi circ 5.0 mm 24”
Yarn: Kona Bay Wool from Pure Knits (1 sk green, 1 sk blue)
Gauge: 5 spi
Size: 6 months
Mods: Provisional cast on at cuffs, picked up these sts and added sleeve length in green, although there are 5 button holes I only sewed on 4 buttons


This all garter stitch jacket is an intriguing knit and when things start to get “v. odd, indeed” (you’ll know what I mean when you knit one), just follow EZ’s words and “press on”. I messed up the middle a bit (the part where you do a large number of inc’s in one row- I did them over a handful of rows) but it still turned out okay. Only two short seams to sew and it’s reversible!

Cross posted at my blog.

7 Comments:

  • It's gorgeous! I love the colors and the stripes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

  • I'm with gwibbles - this is the first one that makes me want to knit one myself! I love the stripe patterns.

    By Blogger Tipper, at 2:04 PM  

  • great colors! i need to make one of these for my soon-to-be niece... so cute!

    By Blogger amisha, at 2:11 PM  

  • Adorable sweater! The colors are wonderful.

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 7:36 PM  

  • OMG I have to knit one of these for my little guy, that is too perfect.

    By Blogger fibersnob, at 9:34 PM  

  • Cool colour combination!

    By Blogger Elena, at 5:49 AM  

  • I love the color combination and creative way you've used the recipe for this sweater. I will make one of these one day!

    By Blogger Nonna Rose, at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home