Zimmermania

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lace Pelerine (poncho)--finished!


I finally finished! This was fun to knit but the rows just keep getting longer and longer! The lace pattern is beautiful and not difficult to do.

The pattern is Elizabeth Zimmerman's Pelerine from one of her Spun Outs. Yarn is Knitpicks. I thought that since I ordered it all at once that it was all the same. I should have checked! As it turned out 2 of the skeins were Wool of the Andes natural and 2 were the newer Bare and they are different colors!!!! Can you tell? The top 1/3 and the bottom band are darker, almost yellowed looking.

I was planning on leaving this natural colored but I may have to dye it. I am hoping that washing will help.

I wish ponchos would have been popular a few years ago. They would have been great for when I was nursing my babies!

Cross posted at my blog

1 Comments:

  • Beautiful Pelerine! I think that the colour changes look intentional...if you don't tell people about the dye lot 'mishap', nobody will be any the wiser :-)

    By Blogger Linda, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home