Zimmermania

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Green Eggs and Pi

Sorry, no green eggs here.

But I spent all morning yesterday with Green Pi and nearly 400 pins...

Green Pi in the Snow

I started this shawl last June, and didn't do a lot of work on it until Thanksgiving vacation at the in-laws' house, and there I nearly finished it. Once I got home and found the extra ball of yarn, it was only a few days work to finish the border.
I knit this using Knitpicks Shadow, merino laceweight, in Lost Lake colorway, on 3.25mm (US3) needles. I used just over two hanks of wool. She's a small shawl, only 46" across, but a nice weight for indoors. I followed EZ's pattern suggestions from Knitter's Almanac everywhere except the first patterned ring, where I inserted a Shetland Fern pattern instead of the plain diamond.

This pattern has really opened up the world of lace for me; I was amazed at how well it came out, and am already planning my next shawl!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home