Zimmermania

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Project Two, Elecric Boogaloo*


I've finished my Baby Surprise jacket, and while I wish I could say that I was the kind of knitter who saw where it was all going from the start, and not the one who was thinking that perhaps her sister would rather a nice Baby Gap certificate for Christmas, I may as well admit to being completely spatially challenged. I think if I'd paid closer attention to the photos in the book, I would have noticed that the seams for the arms were on top. As it was, as I knit I kept trying to McGyver it into shape with the seams on the bottom. This was also complicated by my use of straight needles. Never again! But here it is in all its cuteness.


I used Knitpicks Swish Superwash. It took two balls of the yellow and one of the green, and I believe this would fit the average 8-12 month old. I definitely plan to do another one in a smaller size, perhaps with a photo tutorial for those like me who have a hard time envsioning which part of the jacket they're currently knitting- helpful if you want to add stripes to a certain part, or lengthen the cuffs.

(Project One was the Seamless Hybrid. Mr. Frick gets tons of compliments on it, and especially on the back neck. I noticed that I seem to be in the minority doing the neck this way-most opting for the shirt yoke-but I do like the little square shape it creates.)

2 Comments:

  • Help for your melted wax! This has worked for me every time - good luck! Place a single layer of a brown paper grocery bag over the melted wax. Iron it with a hot, DRY iron - NO steam. The wax is absorbed into the brown paper bag -keep moving the paper bag in order to have clean areas to continue toabsorb the wax.
    Good luck - please let us know if this works - I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you!
    Happy New Year!
    Maureen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

  • Julie, You might want to look into the knitbabysurprise group at yahoo! We're a friendly group and there are tutorials and all kinds of good stuff. And the BSJ is just one of many projects we work on there! You have a mighty cute BSJ in yellow and green!!!

    By Anonymous Nancy J, at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home