Zimmermania

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

They FIT!

I've posted photos here of both sweaters before, but please humor me. These are new photos of the recipients of the sweaters, wearing them. I have to rejoice over the fact that they fit.

The first is a saddle-shoulder knit with lopi:



The second is a seamless yoke sweater, knit top down with Jaggerspun merino:

I expected this one to be too short. I can't express how happy I am to not be adding more length in that solid blue stockinette. The plainness of it nearly drove me mad.

Happy holidays!
-JulieT

8 Comments:

  • Beautiful sweaters! The recipients look happy in them. And I like the cropped length on the Bohus.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 PM  

  • Both are beautiful, and the second one leaves me breathless. What size needles did you use on that one?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

  • The yoke sweater was knit on size two/3mm needles for the colors, and size one/2.5mm needles for the plain stockinette. It was something like 380 stitches per round on the body.

    By Blogger Julie, at 2:26 PM  

  • Wow! Great sweaters...and a great fit :-) LOVE the blue one!

    By Blogger Linda, at 3:52 PM  

  • wow. you must love that woman a whole lot. well done!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 PM  

  • The blue sweater is just gorgeous. What lucky recipients!

    By Blogger Jodi, at 7:32 PM  

  • Did you use the Blue Shimmer pattern in "Poems of Color"? Your work is just stunning!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:57 AM  

  • Yep, that's the Blue Shimmer from Poems of Color, but I used a different gauge and wanted a larger size, so I reworked the whole thing using EZ's percentage system. Worked like a charm.

    By Blogger Julie, at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home