Wednesday, December 27, 2006

They FIT!

I've posted photos here of both sweaters before, but please humor me. These are new photos of the recipients of the sweaters, wearing them. I have to rejoice over the fact that they fit.

The first is a saddle-shoulder knit with lopi:

The second is a seamless yoke sweater, knit top down with Jaggerspun merino:

I expected this one to be too short. I can't express how happy I am to not be adding more length in that solid blue stockinette. The plainness of it nearly drove me mad.

Happy holidays!


  • Beautiful sweaters! The recipients look happy in them. And I like the cropped length on the Bohus.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 PM  

  • What beautiful work you've done! And I'm sure your happy recipients will never forget how much love and attention went into every. single. stockinette. stitch. Woo-hoo!

    By Blogger JulieFrick, at 1:31 PM  

  • Both are beautiful, and the second one leaves me breathless. What size needles did you use on that one?

    By Anonymous Mostlytextiles, at 2:12 PM  

  • The yoke sweater was knit on size two/3mm needles for the colors, and size one/2.5mm needles for the plain stockinette. It was something like 380 stitches per round on the body.

    By Blogger Julie, at 2:26 PM  

  • Wow! Great sweaters...and a great fit :-) LOVE the blue one!

    By Blogger Linda, at 3:52 PM  

  • wow. you must love that woman a whole lot. well done!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 PM  

  • The blue sweater is just gorgeous. What lucky recipients!

    By Blogger Jodi, at 7:32 PM  

  • The sweater looks wonderful on you. I need to learn how to follow a chart so I can do the fairisle.

    By Blogger Gone Knitting, at 8:29 PM  

  • Did you use the Blue Shimmer pattern in "Poems of Color"? Your work is just stunning!

    By Blogger Judith, at 6:57 AM  

  • Yep, that's the Blue Shimmer from Poems of Color, but I used a different gauge and wanted a larger size, so I reworked the whole thing using EZ's percentage system. Worked like a charm.

    By Blogger Julie, at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home