Zimmermania

Friday, January 19, 2007

Bohus Inspired Sweater


Yeah! I finished by classic EZ circular yoke sweater. The bohus-inspired yoke is from Spun Out #5. It was fun to knit with lots of slip stitches and purls that add texture and rich color changes.

I love the fit of this sweater. It is like a comfy old sweatshirt. I increased the arms to 37% after watching Meg's spiral yoke DVD. (The green bits hanging out from the arms are just another tee I'm wearing--it's cold here!) The yoke is probably 1/2" too deep, but that's getting picky.

These sweaters are getting really quick to knit. This one took about 10 days. The yarn is Rowan Kid Classic. Gauge is almost 5 spi.

Maybe I'll try a steeked cardigan next. (Gulp!)

8 Comments:

  • It is very nice!

    By Blogger Goce, at 1:40 PM  

  • Beautiful sweater!

    blissfulknitter AT gmail DOT com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 AM  

  • Gorgeous! I love the colorwork Bohus patterning too -- I don't think the yoke is too big....

    I'm doing one of these also -- just about had the second sleeve done and realized that I had forgotten to switch needles after the rib -- BOOHOO! Ah well, I hadn't decided on the yoke pattern yet, so it's probably just as well.

    Great job and thanks for posting pix

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM  

  • The yolk is beautiful!

    By Blogger Huelo, at 11:59 AM  

  • It's just beautiful. I love the yoke pattern, and the colors work together very well.

    By Blogger Jodi, at 5:39 PM  

  • What a beautiful sweater!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 AM  

  • Beautiful sweater! I'm hoping to knit a Bohus-inspired sweater one of these days.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:06 AM  

  • I love Kid Classic! I love the yoke ~ beautiful job!

    By Blogger Bad Amy, at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home