Zimmermania

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Saddle-shouldered Sweater


Another EZ sweater finished! I've got ideas brewing for the next one. It sure is fun to knit small sweaters for small kids - they just fly off the needles (the sweaters, not the kids).

The yarn is Dale of Norway Falk. I added a pirate motif that was adapted from Hello Yarn's We Call Them Pirates pattern. To size it down for a child, I made some adjustments to the sleeve percentages and the shaping at the top. All the details, and more pictures, are over at my blog Zigzag Stitch. Thanks for looking!

7 Comments:

  • Ahhhhh! That is fantastic!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

  • This is so cute and inspiring! Great job!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 PM  

  • That black accent stitching is so eye catching. Love the stripes and pirates!

    By Blogger Kelley, at 5:05 PM  

  • Looks fantastic on him! Love the pirates.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

  • Awesome! I think it's the first child's hybrid I've seen here. I love it. You did a great job. I hope to post my first sweater some day soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:21 AM  

  • What is the EASIEST kid's EZ sweater to start off with if I am new to knittig in the round?

    By Blogger kate, at 7:59 AM  

  • I am already comment on the blog, this is great, I try knit a pirate hat for my son! Thank you Mandy for this pattern!

    By Blogger Goce, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home