Zimmermania

Thursday, February 15, 2007

BSJ specs... spreadsheet!

I'm hoping that everyone who has knit a baby surprise jacket (and still has it in their possession) would be willing to help me with something...

I would like to put together a spreadsheet showing the yarn, color name, amount used, size needles used, gauge obatined, chest & arm circumference, and arm length measurements, as well as neck opening measurements. If it's been road tested, it'd be great to have a real-life size child measurement--aka if a newborn fit into it nicely, we'd note it newborn-ish. If a 9 month old fit until s/he was 18 months, we'd note 9-18 mos.

I'd be happy to receive any portion of the information I'm asking for... so if you only have the yarn used and how much, send that my way!! I'm not picky! :-)

I have young kids and have already forgotten just how small they are for their first year, as well as how much they grow! It's hard to tell by just the title "newborn, 3-6, 6-9, 12mo" sizes what age child the sweater would actually fit, especially if your child is larger or smaller than average.

If you are willing and/or able to get this information together, I would LOVE to have it emailed to me at sweetarts AT mac DOT com with "BSJ specs" in the subject line!

Once I have it put together, I will make it accessible online for download somewhere... I honestly haven't thought that far ahead yet. I'm assuming it will take some time to get this information together in some sort of coherent fashion!

Thanks so much!

Stacee
sweetartsATmacDOTcom

4 Comments:

  • I haven't made the BSJ yet, so I can't contribute to your spreadsheet, but I think it's a wonderful idea! I know it would help me out tremendously. Thanks for doing this. I'm anxiously awaiting your compiled data :-)

    By Blogger Kelley, at 6:01 AM  

  • Great idea. I, too, want to make a BSJ and this would REALLY help. Let me know when it is done, and I will keep checking.

    By Blogger kate, at 7:44 AM  

  • I think that this is a great idea. I will send in my info when I have completed the one I am currently working on.

    By Blogger Libby, at 12:06 PM  

  • Oh, great! I have been needing something like this....thank you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home