Zimmermania

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Surprise!

On Saturday evening, partner David and I both decided to cast on Baby Surprise Jackets. David has been planning to knit one for a while. I ordered from Schoolhouse Press and was tickled when Cully's wife took my order and told me she was knitting her first Baby Surprise right now too! After watching Meg Swanson's marvelous DVD, I just could not resist starting one as well. We've got strict rules so one of us won't get too far ahead of the other. And what a cool easy but mind-bending pattern this is. Thanks, EZ.



I am using Jamieson and Smith jumper weight while David knits a slightly larger jacket from worsted weight Paton's Classic Merino. We'll send in information for the database when we are finished.



I promise we are not expecting, especially not expecting twins! David is knitting his as a present for a friend's baby. Mine will either go into the "save it until needed" basket or be donated to a charity auction or a knitting project charity like Dulaan, Afghans for Afghans, or a local hospital's maternity ward. Do any of you have favorite charities that would appreciate a baby sweater?

--The Purloined Letter

4 Comments:

  • how nice. is there any contest about who to finish first involved??
    it is a lovely sweater, as said so many times before. and the pattern is intriguing until you get the hang on it.

    By Blogger knititch, at 11:49 AM  

  • I'm bummed... I can't see any of the photos... Wonder why?

    Stacee

    By Blogger knitting elephant, at 1:19 PM  

  • oh i am a poor reader. you don't compete.

    By Blogger knititch, at 2:12 PM  

  • I'm not sure about the pics. If anyone figures it out and there is something I can do, please let me know.

    By Blogger Hannah, at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home