Zimmermania

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thank you everyone!

Thanks to all of your wonderful suggestions, I was able to make a February Baby Sweater I'm happy with! Thank you thank you thank you!

I had one big "D'Oh!" frogging moment; I finished the yoke bit, and then got to the part in the pattern were it talks about button holes. Something seemed weird to me, and then I looked at that picture on the cover of Knitter's Almanac, and lo and behold, there are buttons on the yoke!! I wish I had noticed that first, but I know I'll be ready for next time! :)

I sc'd around the edges and sleeves, reinforced the button holes and tried for a bigger size. More specifics and more closeup pics at my blog.

Thank you again for all your help!
Sophia

3 Comments:

  • Lovely little sweater! What a cheerful color, and the buttonholes look just great in this pic.

    By Blogger Jodi, at 5:48 AM  

  • that's my one complaint about this pattern. she should really mention the buttonholes MUCH sooner!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 8:48 AM  

  • I love it in the tangerine! I noticed the buttonhole boo-boo in that pattern, too - between that and the cryptic "4 x 7" stitches under the arm, it's one to challenge the knitterly smarts. Yours turned out absolutely darling, though - way to be the boss!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home