Zimmermania

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Because you can't knit too many Baby Surprises



I can post a picture of my latest Zimmermann creation now - it's in Brooklyn and ready to welcome gleek's little girl, who will arrive tonight or tomorrow morning, with any luck! Yes, that's the Fishtrap in the background, for scale. Babies are so absurdly tiny, and yet I'm sure they don't feel that way on the way out. Please keep Steph in your thoughts and wish her smooth delivery and a healthy daughter!

The yarn for this one is Karabella Vintage Cotton, worked on US #3's. It's very wee. I suspect I'll have to make a second one for when Baby Gleek gets to be more than a month or two old.

6 Comments:

  • I love it! Nice color combo.

    By Blogger Lori, at 6:25 PM  

  • It's gorgeous! I really love those colors too!

    By Blogger Violiknit, at 7:29 PM  

  • Love the colors! Can I ask how you attached the shoulders? Did you pick up sts on both sides and then do an icord bind off? This q is keeping me from doing my next bsj, because my last one didn't work so well with a single crochet b.o. Thanks!
    Liane

    By Blogger Liane, at 9:47 PM  

  • Liane,

    I just seamed up the shoulders with fake grafting, being careful not to make the graft too snug and puckery. I think I originally learned the technique from Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'n' Bitch book, where she talks about joining side-to-end of the fabric. I went through the up-bump on each garter ridge and went in, under, out to wrap/mimic the V's on the cast-on edge. The i-cord bind-off would probably look really great on the BSJ, but I was short on time and just used the method that's quickest for me.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 1:13 PM  

  • Thanks for letting me know, that sounds like an easy way to do up the shoulders. I have that book too, so I'll take a look!
    Thanks,
    Liane

    By Blogger Liane, at 4:48 PM  

  • i have seen and made a great deal of these by now but i think it is such lovely colours and colour schemes (is that the right word). and this is one of the fun parts of doing the bsj to experiment with colours. i wonder how ez got the idea for this pattern which made no sense to me firstly.

    By Blogger knititch, at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home