a Tomten tale
Finally, I have a current FO to share with you all after lurking on this great collective blog for months. Here is a Tomten jacket I have just finished for the next "afghans For Afghans" drive. This is my second Tomten and just as much fun to knit as the first one. I used 2 1/2 skeins of Cascade 220 in a heathered green and a few yards of Plymouth Galway for the stripes. I made a few modifications to the modular construction. When I reached the armholes, I bound off 4 fewer stitches for each sleeve, adding 2 stitches to each front and 4 stitches to the back. I also ended the body a couple of ridges earlier than what the pattern calls for, resulting in slightly less wide sleeves.
With the help of a quick refresher from the wonderful Knitting Glossary DVD, I finished with applied i-cord, incorporating buttonholes as I went. I think this should fit a two-year old, although I haven't been spending much time with two-year-olds recently! I just might try knitting my next Tomten in a dk yarn to end up with more of a baby size. I posted a few more details on my blog, along with photos of older EZ knits in the albums.