Zimmermania

Friday, April 20, 2007

finally, a respectable sweater

Hello there.

I'm happy to report that I have successfully re-knit the February Baby Sweater. To everyone who answered my cry for help, thank you so very much. Each time I wanted to give up on this pattern I came here and looked at all the wonderful versions you all have made and I found the inspiration to keep going.

I can't say I had a great time knitting this -- which I attribute to lack of experience with sweaters -- but it was oh so worth it. I love it sooo much and am excited to send it to my friend for her little girl.

Details and a few more photos on my blog.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Very nicely done--and I really like your photography!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 AM  

  • Beautiful! I love the color and the buttons that you picked out. What a beautiful knit!

    By Blogger VickeryKnits, at 9:04 AM  

  • I agree, this is a beautiful color and the yarn shows off all of your hard work and stitchery very well.

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 9:05 AM  

  • It looks fabulous! Love the buttons and the yarn color too.

    By Blogger PlumStitches, at 5:28 PM  

  • It's adorable - the buttons finish it off wonderfully. Isn't it funny how you can change the "sex" of the jacket by using different buttons. (",)

    By Blogger Tina - omme i London, at 2:29 AM  

  • I love the brown color matched with those buttons. It's perfect! I'd love to be the little girl who gets to wear this! Nice work!

    By Blogger knitting elephant, at 8:10 AM  

  • Aw, guys. Thanks so much!

    I bought the buttons early on and loved them so much that they contributed to my determination to finish the sweater. I needed a pretty place to put them. :)

    By Blogger carlita dee, at 9:43 AM  

  • oh that is just precious. especially the colorway of the yarn. what ez book is that pattern in?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home