Zimmermania

Sunday, April 08, 2007

My First EZ Project




I completed my first ever EZ project, a seamless raglan for my one-year-old son. It gave me some trouble along the way (though I'm still not sure why--it's such a simple little sweater), but I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

The knitty gritty:

"Pattern": seamless raglan from Knitting without Tears
Yarn: TLC Cotton Plus, one skein each red and navy
Needles: US size 5 and 7 Knitpicks Options
Size: 12 months with room to grow--24" chest, 9" sleeves (measured from the armpit), 8" body length (measured from the armpit)
Modifications: Changed a few things to make the percentage system work for a child--no shaping on the sleeves, a bit more than 50% of body stitches for the neck opening, long ribbed cuffs on the sleeves to allow for growth. I also didn't use EZ's neck shaping method. I just added three short rows to the back of the neck in my own manner.

If you like, you can see more pics and read (a few) more details on my blog.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I can't see the pic here, but the ones on your blog look fantastic! What a handsome little fellow you have!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 PM  

  • Nice work!

    By Blogger Jen, at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home