Zimmermania

Friday, April 27, 2007

Red/Pink Tomten

EZ's fun Tomten Jacket is way more difficult to photograph than to knit, at least when the colors are bright, and the model and young lady full of energy.



I have posted a couple of images on my blog, and some more in flickr. I still hope to give this jacked a complete FO post with notes one day, but as I finished this in march I wanted to show it to you before may!



This jacked has a long (pre)history already, but I enjoyed it all the way to the end. Now if only I could get nice buttons for my tomten... nevermind, my daughter wear it closed with a special keyholder, and it works! As you can hopefully see, she has plenty of room to grow within her tomten jacket, which is good. It is made with one thread of red alpaca and one thread of pink cotton. I hope you'll like it.

---edited to add----
go to my blog: filambulle

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • Hi, that is so cute! Could you add in your blog, so we can check out the other pictures? Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:06 AM  

  • This is awesome! I love the colors and it looks like it fits perfectly with just enough room to grow! Great job! I also would love to see the other photos!!

    By Blogger knitting elephant, at 6:09 AM  

  • Delicious! A perfect spring beach jacket.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 11:23 AM  

  • The color is great!

    By Blogger PlumStitches, at 12:44 PM  

  • Wonderfully bright and cheery! You'll never lose her in a crowd! It looks larger than the usual toddler tomten, did you size up with gauge or extra stitches?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 PM  

  • I used the formula in Knitting Workshop, starting with the very convenient number of 128 stitches. Don't remember my gauge right now, and it is too late to take the time to check (I really must sleep sometimes too). But I will check if you are interested.

    Thank you all for the nice comments. I love this blog.

    By Blogger Filambulle, at 2:53 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger luv2knit, at 4:33 PM  

  • I really love the look of this jacket...the yarn you have used has made a gorgeous fabric!

    By Blogger picperfic, at 11:36 AM  

  • This tomten is FANTASTIC! I want to make one for myself. The colour's great. Well done you!

    By Blogger Tina - omme i London, at 12:07 PM  

  • vow, I absolutely love it! Great colors, great fit, and great photos. Want to go to the sea, too....

    By Blogger Lara 900, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home