Zimmermania

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Amazed with my BSJ




I think it's magic how the first becomes the lovely baby garment and my friends do too.
I made this using some left over cone yarn from my machine knitting days. ( Sorry it's nearly all acrylic Mrs Zimmermann although I do have some lambswool, angora and nylon mix yarn that I will try next.)
I abandoned the machine as I found it noisy, and not fitting into my lifestyle with two small children.
Some years later I rediscovered my passion for handknitting and it became a therapy for me. A few years after I had a stroke at 41 and 6 months later this is what I can do.
I had to write out the BSJ row by row and I seem to have problems counting stitches but I am really pleased with this. I can't knit on circular needles , at the moment and finish my socks that I had started but I am sure that will come later.

4 Comments:

  • Good recovery Crafty Fox and lovely jacket! I'm still frogging and knitting on mine. I'll get there. You show great preseverance to write it out line by line. Maybe I would have been better to do that.

    By the way, sorry about the dyeing post - sent it to the wrong blog and don't know how to delete. Can someone tell me how or could the blog mom do it for me? Many thanks.

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 5:38 AM  

  • Excellent knitting, and I admire your perserverance in finishing this little sweater!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 AM  

  • Nice work Crafty Fox. Keep recovering.

    By Blogger Elysbeth, at 6:32 AM  

  • I just finished my first baby surprise sweater. I love it.

    By Blogger Suzie, at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home