Zimmermania

Monday, May 07, 2007

february all over again

[I've re-posted this b/c my pics had disappeared.]

I had to try this version of the February Baby Sweater. Once again, it wasn't an easy knit for me. I had to rip back and cast on 7 stitches per sleeve instead of 14 (+2 for for seaming) because the body was coming out too wide at first. But the end result was well worth it.

Of the two versions, the original is still my favorite because it's a bit more old-fashioned. But it was quite exciting to do this variation. I did up the little hat to go with because I got the yarn (Encore Worsted) from my LYS for a dollar a ball and have lots left over. This project -- sweater + hat -- took almost 2.

It'll be a while before I do another February anything, but it's been fun. I think I'll move on to the BSJ.

Thank you, Linda, for sharing your modifications with us. :)My blog entries on this project are here and here.

8 Comments:

  • They're so sweet! Really beautiful colors.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

  • Thank you, Adrian. :)

    By Blogger carlita dee, at 11:56 AM  

  • Beautiful job! Nice colors!
    Thanks for the repost, I did not see them the first time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 PM  

  • It's funny, I've always thought the February baby sweater seemed quite feminine, even when I'd seen versions done in blue. Yours, though, seems quite unisex to me.

    Which means that I've found the perfect sweater to knit for a former coworker who is due in December and has decided to not find out the sex of the baby. I do think a nice orange one with these modifications will look quite good on a little boy or girl.

    By Blogger Eat Knit Explore Grow, at 7:05 PM  

  • I love your sweaters (and hat)!
    I'm really pleased that the modifications I made to mine, could be of some use to you :-)

    By Blogger Linda, at 8:57 PM  

  • I love how they look, all stacked up in a row. That doesn't mean I'm going to knit three though! You did a wonderful job on all three. To Jenn, I think an orange February baby jacket is a fantastic idea!

    By Blogger karenthecomputerwife, at 4:29 PM  

  • Very nice. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:59 PM  

  • Hi. Jenn, I do, too. The yoke change makes a big difference.

    Thank you, Linda! I am too.

    Thanks, everyone. Happy knitting.

    By Blogger carlita dee, at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home