Zimmermania

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Twin BSJs WIP



Well, they're coming along, little BSJs for my nieces' twins. In Koigu solid on size 4US (more pics at my blog). Really fun to knit.

The babies could show up any minute, so I'm finishing this evening (which involves pulling out a lot of cat and dog hair in addition to weaving, seaming, figuring out collar finish, and sewing on buttons). But I'm also stewing over caps or socks to match? Can't decide. Caps in garter would be easy to pull off. I don't have a good garter bootie pattern, that I know of, but I could go looking... unless anybody here has hints for me? Thanks, everybody, for your advice on this project. Exactly the right one, I think!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • looks nice, any dog models?

    By Blogger Girasol, at 1:27 PM  

  • Your sweaters are wonderful! You might try this pattern for booties:
    http://fuzzygalore.biz/patterns/cbbooties.shtml
    It's fast and easy!

    By Blogger Leslie, at 3:43 PM  

  • The Workshop Book of Knitting
    by Ursula Von Wartburg (out of print but available in many libraries) has an easy pattern for garter-stitch booties; I made many of them for my own children and like the fit. They really stay on. It is a children's book so it would be in a library's children's department. It also has an excellent pattern for a baby bonnet that fits 0-3 months.

    By Blogger Liz E., at 7:31 PM  

  • Twins - what fun! I love the sweaters. The colors are great. I love it when little girls don't always wear pink. Are you going to make matching booties?

    By Blogger Suzie, at 7:11 PM  

  • They are great. There is a matching bonnet and booties pattern in Opinionated Knitter. I have made a set and it is cute.

    By Blogger Annie in the Round, at 12:08 PM  

  • yes and kwot has a pattern for garter stitch modular booties as well. very cute. and your sweaters are beautiful. your niece will be thrilled.

    By Blogger knititch, at 2:16 PM  

  • Oh, you're right, the bonnet! I have the wonderful DVD with Meg Swanson, and I completely forgot about the bonnet. Meantime, I found and knit up a couple of itty bitty Zeebees... a very zimmermaniacal pattern, and perfect for the amount of yarn I had left. Almost done, and those babies are almost here. Mama can't move. I'll post again in a day or two. Thanks for all your ideas. I need to redo these jackets in a worsted for when they're older, and will want to do the booties then!

    By Blogger knittingjuju, at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home