Zimmermania

Monday, July 23, 2007

BSJ

Hi, I´m new here. I´m a knitter from Vienna/Austria and I discovered EZ a few weeks ago. My first Zimmermann project was the Baby Surprise Jacket.

BSJ before

BSJ between

BSJ finished

Rowan Felted Tweed in dark orange and an unknown brown tweed yarn, Needlesize 3.5mm, Size 0-3 month
Instead of seaming I did a provisorical cast on, picked up and twisted stiches on the other side of shoulder/arm and did a three-needle-bindoff.

Next was the February Sweater, I just have bought the buttons, pics follow later. And now Tomten for my nephew is on my needles...

6 Comments:

  • That is one great sweater. Don't you enjoy seeing how the striping ends up? I love the provisional cast on. I will use it next time and think I am very clever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 AM  

  • Wow! That's really beautiful. I love how you made the stripes an integral part of the design. And it's your first one? You are *good*! What's the advantage of the provisional cast-on, and how long did it take to knit?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

  • I'm really liking these colors. Beautiful sweater, leandra.

    By Blogger Carla, at 3:03 PM  

  • Great progress shots! This a lovely BSJ.

    By Blogger Daniela, at 11:38 AM  

  • beautiful colours. i love tweedy baby clothes... well done.

    By Blogger knititch, at 4:52 PM  

  • hello I love the sweater ab=nd I have purchase yarn to make for my grandson. does anyone have suggestions on how to make the sweater for a 24month 2T size

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home