Zimmermania

Friday, July 06, 2007

Can you stand another intro?

Hi, I'm Carla. I've been very intrigued by all the wonderful knitting going on here and decided I just had to join the fun! I've owned Knitting Without Tears for about a year but made nothing from it yet. I think the poor quality black and white photos have rather turned me off, but you people make EZ's genius come alive! Of course, her writing style is compelling from the first page, but you must understand I just learned to knit a year ago in the spring, so much of the whole knitting thing is new to me.



At the moment I have a little toddler sweater for a granddaughter on the needles which, while it is not an EZ sweater is still one I am changing so drastically you would not know it from the original pattern. That is rather the EZ philosophy: take it and make it yours. After completing it I plan to begin a Tomten for a grandson.



I'm glad to be able to join Zimmermania!

4 Comments:

  • I made several pairs of the 36 stitch mittens when my son was little. I think EZ suggests you make 3 because kids inevitably lose one. My son lost one of one pair and one of another pair. Another whole pair was lost but later found after a big pile of snow melted at his preschool. Anyway, he's in college now, and still losing mittens!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 PM  

  • You sound like just the kind of knitter that EZ encouraged us all to be! Knitting Without Tear was the first of her books that I found. I made a lot of sweaters for my kids using her seamless knitting ideas.

    By Blogger Denise, at 8:30 PM  

  • I look forward to following your knitting EZ or not!
    I'm sure you'll really like the Tomten, it's my absolute favourite. Welcome on board.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 AM  

  • Thank you for the "hellos". I think it's gonna be fun!

    By Blogger Carla, at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home