Zimmermania

Monday, July 09, 2007

February Baby Sweater + Matching Hat

07_10_07_014
Details--

Elizabeth Zimmerman February Baby Sweater
Actual Knit Time: Two Weeks, on and off

Needles: US7 Addi's
Yarn: Knit Picks Merino Style in Mint, 3 skeins and I used every last end.

Modifications: I downsized the pattern by 1 increase repeat to end up with only 112 stitches to make it a bit more small baby rather than toddler sized based on my yarn/needle choices. Therefore, I had to re-jigger the numbers and after some ratio calculating (I'll spare you the details unless you're interested) ended up with this number of stitches in each part- 4 (garter stitch edge), 14 (front), 21 (arm), 42 (back), 21 (arm), 14 (other front), 4 (garter stitch edge)

----To go with my little set, I made up a little EZ Inspired Matching Hat. You will need her book, knitter's almanac, or any other book that has the pattern, in order to have her gull stitch pattern, I've just put down some helpful numbers on my blog.

You can see more project pics/details and the hat pattern at my blog.

Happy EZ Knitting!

Keri

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Love it! I'll be knitting that in February and I appreciate the peek and the inspiration. The hat is very cute too!

    By Blogger tina, at 7:32 AM  

  • Darling! I love the wee hat - it's the perfect addition! Now if only some of my friends would have some GIRL babies...

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 11:37 AM  

  • Love the hat!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 PM  

  • That is so sweet Keri!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 PM  

  • Thank you all very much! =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home