Zimmermania

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

oops

sorry for the duplicate posts, I was getting 502 errors when trying to post.
[I also tried to post this yesterday, got the same error, so waited to see if it would post once. I've also found that this post, while being saved as a draft, has been lost in its last incarnation, so I have to try to remember what I last added].

Update: I ordered Knitting Without Tears & Knitter's Almanac Wednesday, so am waiting with bated breath for them to arrive.

Thanks for your comments, looks like I just went ahead and grabbed these two because they were reasonably cheap. (under AU$50 for both including postage, and arriving hopefully quickly).

I had looked at Schoolhouse Press, and maybe when I get my CCards a bit more under control (hah!)...I also found lots of copies cheap through abebooks.com, but that would have to wait as well.

I find it so funny that I was leaning towards the books with the colour photos on the cover. Doesn't change the relevance of the information one iota. It's not so long ago that all knitting books had only b&w photos (which, sadly I admit, is NOT before my time, either).

Thanks for all of your input.
Judith
p.s. if this is posted twice, pls comment to only 1, and I'll delete the other

2 Comments:

  • I'm sure you'll love your EZ books! I have both of those and definitely want the rest. I sometimes just make a cuppa tea and sit with EZ drinking it and "chatting". That's how wonderful her writing is to me, just as if she were there drinking a cuppa too. Have fun when they arrive and don't stay up allllll night looking and reading and planning....... :O) samm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 PM  

  • Knitting Without Tears is meant to be 5-10 working days, Knitter's Almanac 4-6 weeks, so it looks like it has to come from o/seas anyway.
    Had a GREAT big giggle over all of the Kitty Pi pet beds [http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm](based on the EZ Pi shawl, forwarded on from the entry Sunday, June 10, 2007, Doggy Pi; and as I have 4 cats of my own and they love sleeping in boxes etc, maybe this will be ideal for them (plus my "3/4" cat, from next door who spends a lot of time here), though I'd probably have to make them 2 times bigger because they love snuggling up together!
    >^..^<
    Judith

    By Blogger judalea, at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home