Zimmermania

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another Tomten...Finished!


This was a 'knit from my stash' project. I'm happy to report that now I have some space to buy some new yarn ;-)

Yarn: 4 balls Rowan Polar in cream (now discontinued), contrast pink is Rowan Little Big Wool
Needles: Size 6 circular, plus one 10 1/2 needle for binding off the edging
Notes
: Fun, relatively quick and easy knit. Although with the Polar on size 6 needles, took a little longer than I had anticipated. My only comment on this little jacket is that when you're working on the edging, you need to be careful to bind off LOOSELY or use larger needles for the bind off. Otherwise, it bunches. Also, be sure to plan where you want the buttons located and how many, the directions are very loose as far as this is concerned. As for sizing, followed the directions for the 27" child from The Opionated Knitter. My daughter is 21 months and it fits her pretty well, with plenty of room to grow.

Fun pattern and loads of possibilities. I found the mathematical symmetry intriguing, although I suppose that's how all patterns are when you break them down. Looking forward to knitting my next Tomten!

1 Comments:

  • That is a very attractive little jacket! I must make one soon.

    By Blogger MoMo, at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home