Zimmermania

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Another Feb Baby Sweater

I have been wanting to knit this sweater for ages and ages, but had no one to knit it for. Then my brother obliged me by announcing that he and his girlfriend are going to have a baby girl in February (how appropriate!). So I happily cast on. And soon after, I cast off.

I made no modifications to the pattern. I had originally intended to make the yoke in stockinette, but thought the yarn worked up so well in garter that I decided to follow the directions to the "T" and I'm really very happy with the way it turned out. Someone had posted a Feb sweater in Dream In Color Smooshy, and I thought it was absolutely beautiful, so I hunted down a skein of Wisterious to make this one. The yarn is divine to knit with, I got gauge on my first swatch, and I still have half a skein left over for a matching hat, socks/bootees, and mitts.

I still need to block her and sew on some wooden buttons-- I will be sure to post it in action come Feburary. For more details on the knitting, see my blog post here.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home