Zimmermania

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Spicey Beethoven Dickie!

I finally got to knit a Dickie! I've been wanting to since I first got my E.Z. books. I used some Knit Picks Bare, which I dyed with Turmeric a few weeks ago. I love how strong the color turned out, and the semi solidness of it. It's worsted weight yarn, and I used just a little over one skein. When you look at it in the picture on the left side, I tried to do the short rows with wraps, but it didn't really look any better. For all other corners I used the method E.Z. described in her book. I did also a 3-needle bind off instead of weaving the ends together. I like the garter stitch neck because it is so stretchy. I'm very sensitive with things around my throat, can't stand turtle necks, but this is O.K.
I love knitting this Dickie, it was fast too. Might make some more, although my family laughed at me, and asked whether I had run out of yarn for a pullover, but we'll see who has the last laugh, when it gets cold! ;o)
There have been so many wonderful baby knits here lately, I like looking at all the knits presented.
Happy knitting all!

Monika



6 Comments:

  • It looks really nice! Nice yarn color! You used tumeric? I'm going to keep that in mind next time I dye some yarn.

    By Blogger Abril, at 12:55 PM  

  • I love the color! It looks really nice too. I have been wanting to try one of the dickeys too but had wondered about it on my throat as you did. I think I will give it a try and see. Thanks for sharing yours.

    By Blogger Denise, at 1:44 PM  

  • I would like one in leopard print.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 PM  

  • lovely buddhist dickey. it is beautifully done like everything you do.

    By Blogger knititch, at 4:22 AM  

  • Excellent! Long live the dickey -- which is so practical and can be so pretty, how did it ever become so maligned by history? I love yours. The garter stitch looks like it probably makes a rather stiff fabric, which probably looks terrific when worn. If you get a chance come colder weather it would be great to see some modeled shots. I love it!

    Lydia

    By Blogger Lydia, at 7:00 AM  

  • Where is the dickie pattern? Is it in a EZ book?

    By Blogger Christine Thresh, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home