Zimmermania

Monday, November 12, 2007

Baby Yoke Sweater




I've been sitting on this Fo for awhile and am finally getting around to posting about it. It's a baby sized Fair Isle Yoke sweater. I used the modifications from EZ's Knitting Around for the appropriate baby sized dimensions so hopefully this will fit when my little guy finally gets here in March. I think I may have made the arms too short, however, but that may turn out to be ok. This was the first time I'd made button bands and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Previously when I've steeked a sweater and cut it open for a cardigan, I've inserted a zipper and tidied it all up with an icord border instead of button bands but decided this was the perfect time to try buttons.
I'm not super happy with the yarn, it's Knit Picks Swish superwash DK. Although it's very soft and I think it will be great next to baby's skin, it bled like crazy when I washed it and that means the white part of the yoke is now a sort of pink. I'm hoping that will come out with the next washing but we'll see.
You can get more details at my blog.


4 Comments:

  • That's so cute! I love the red colour, it's perfect!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 AM  

  • How very cute this sweater is!

    By Blogger Monika, at 5:46 AM  

  • this is lovely. but poor you with the bleeding yarn. add vinegar to the water when you wash.

    By Blogger knititch, at 4:45 PM  

  • How adorable! I wouldn't worry about the sleeve length. The baby's actual shoulders and upper arms will be covered by the yoke anyway.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home