Zimmermania

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Christmas Mittens

I am starting my Christmas knitting a bit earlier this year to try to avoid the mayhem of last minute knitting on Christmas Eve! This year, I'm going with smaller projects like EZ's Norwegian mittens. This is my first pair.




I used the spruce pattern from Knitting Around and just alternated stitches for the palm. I'm a very tight stranded knitter so I had to use a sz 5 needle for these though it seems most people can get gauge on size 3 needles. This post originally saved about halfway thru the post. I didn't realize it until later. Hope it didn't seem to crazy. You can get more details and pics at my blog...wwwDOTknitaddictionsDOTcom/blog

5 Comments:

  • they are adorable.

    By Blogger knititch, at 1:01 PM  

  • The colour combination is gorgeous, and your colourwork looks great.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM  

  • Absolutely Beautiful! Anyone would be fortunate to receive these for Christmas! Looks Great!

    By Blogger Firecracker's Mommy, at 4:46 PM  

  • These mittens are amazing. I finished a pair from the folk mittens book recently and think I am going to try this pair. You chose beautiful colors. Very nice.

    By Blogger me..., at 10:44 AM  

  • Nice, nice, nice. But I have a weakness for mittens.

    By Blogger Elysbeth, at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home