Zimmermania

Sunday, December 02, 2007

A question about lighting

I can't wait to start my first tomten jacket for my little guy (17 months.) I will start it over Christmas, with worsted-weight wool my mom dyed specially for it. (Any advice? This will be my first EZ project, except for the Moebius Strip. I have the original KWT book.)

But first- - - The lighting in my living room is terrible! Has anyone ever used one of those "natural spectrum" compact flourescent lamps from Gaiam catalogue? Or an Ott light? What would you recommend, especially for a family with aging, tired eyes but not a ton of money to spend?

You are all so inspirational! Thanks!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I grew up in a house with full spectrum fluorescents and compact full spectrum fluorescents. They're not Ideal For Color the way sunlight is, but they at least get things a bit brighter. In appropriate quantities (ie, at least 3-5 times the number of bulbs normal people use), the light will be usefully bright.

    By Blogger Emily, at 1:20 PM  

  • Definitely an Ott Lite. The light is great, makes the colors really true.

    Joann's has them on sale online right now. Check it out. You won't be disappointed

    By Blogger Robin C, at 10:34 AM  

  • I LOVE my Ott light and don't know how I knitted without it . . . oh, I remember -- I was younger and my eyes were lots better than they are now. Anyhow -- get one. You will be SO glad you have it!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:40 PM  

  • I have both an Ott Lite for my sewing machine and a 42Watt Cantilever light for my knitting chair. The cantilever light is much brighter but I am disappointed in the cantilever arm not staying up high enough. I ordered it thru Solutions catalog several years ago.

    By Blogger lbquilts, at 3:46 AM  

  • I second the recommendation for the Ott--but I'd just use an Ott bulb w/ existing lamp.

    Jen

    By Blogger YetAgainJen, at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home