Zimmermania

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bohus Yoke Pullover

I finished this sweater about a month ago, but haven't been able to show it off to y'all until now because I've been having weird problems with Blogger. But now that Blogger's playing nice, I'm proud to show off my Bohus Yoke Pullover (which was originally inspired by a post I saw here, when someone was showing off a Bohus Yoke Pullover of their own):

Beautiful, beautiful Bohus



Pattern: My own, inspired by Spun Out #5 (the "Bohus Yoke Pullover") and the EPS. The yoke pattern was made up as I knit.
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino Wool, in a variety of colors.
Needles: size 5 and 7 Denise interchangeables, with size 5 and 7 Clover bamboo dpns for the sleeves.
Time to knit: Nov. 2nd - Dec. 14th 2007.

Here's a closeup of the yoke patterning:

Closeup of yoke



I'm so very proud of this sweater! I blogged the whole process from start to finish here.

8 Comments:

  • It's beautiful! I particularly like the cuffs. Did you do a hem, with the light blue inside?

    By Blogger Lauren, at 2:40 PM  

  • Absolutely beautiful! I love the purl stitches in the yoke/colour work, really unusual. And the sweater really suits you too (had a peek on your blog).

    By Blogger Cybèle, at 2:52 PM  

  • Wow! That's gorgeous. I love all the attention you paid to the details (the hemmed cuffs in a contrasting color, the yoke detail, etc)! Great job!

    By Blogger Kelley, at 3:41 PM  

  • I love how the purl stitches in the yoke pattern really read as "beads" or "dots". This isn't as apparent with the more traditional Bohus yarns, like angora/wool, or even a lite Lopi with their halo. Very, very nice interpretation of a traditional style.

    By Blogger eyeknit, at 7:17 AM  

  • That's absolutely beautiful. And that oatmealy Paton's Classic wool is my favorite yarn ever. Isn't it just the best?

    Your lovely colorwork has put me in a blue mood, in the literal sense. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

  • it is very very adorable. wonderful job. you should be proud.

    By Blogger knititch, at 12:02 PM  

  • Gasp! That is beautiful. And I love the shaping you put in along the waist.

    Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 PM  

  • I like the Paton's Merino...I used the lighter blue in your sweater for my baby surprise. Your sweater is beautiful!

    Ang

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home