Zimmermania

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Mary's Tomten



I just finished a tomten for my 9-year-old daughter in Malabrigo - I sewed the buttons on last night and this morning she wore it to school! I loved the project and the yarn, and will probably cast on pretty soon for a second one. I want to try one with a collar rather than a hood, and with applied i-cord for trim. For this sweater, I followed the instructions in Opinionated Knitter (short rows, picking up the underarm stitches, etc.). Details and more photos are on my blog.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • What a beautiful sweater! I love this pattern and am always collecting pictures of ones I like. I really like how you did the button wraps and the fit is perfect.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 PM  

  • I love this Tomten! One of my favorites that I've seen!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 PM  

  • Thank you! I really enjoyed the entire process - so much so that I'm just finishing a BSJ and then planning another tomten.

    By Blogger Windansea, at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home