Zimmermania

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Tale of Two Sweaters

Although I finished knitting both of these two baby sweaters by Elizabeth Zimmermann in December, it took me a while to get around to blocking them. Before I pulled them out last month for those few final rows last month, though, they had been snoozing in the knitting basket for months.

First, the Tomten jacket, knit on 9's with Raspberry Lamb's Pride:



I like these wooden buttons for it. What do you think? (They are not yet sewn on.) Their are hidden buttonholes in the i-cord edging.



Next, the Baby Surprise, knit on 5's with Jamieson & Smith 2 Ply Jumper Yarn. What fun to watch this piece of origami turn into this little sweater!



These are the buttons I picked out--but they really are too big for the holes and too snagging to use with yarn this small. Off to the button store sometime soon. What a shame. Love the buttons even if I can't actually use them on this project....



* * *

Hm... Suddenly there is a lot more room in the knitting bag.... What shall I cast on?

--The Purloined Letter

3 Comments:

  • I love the wooden buttons. Go for it! And I agree about the metal ones -- very cute for another project.

    By Blogger ejmh, at 5:01 PM  

  • the tomten button holes are fab and so is of course the jackets.

    By Blogger knititch, at 12:03 PM  

  • I love the i-cord! how did you do the hidden buttonholes? I want to put i-cord in a contrasting color to highlight the armhole seams of my first-ever tomten. How do I do it? Do I knit up i-cord and then sew it on? Thank you in advance.

    By Blogger Tamara, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home