Zimmermania

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ian's Aspen Yoke Sweater


Here is another offering from Kathy's blogless friend, Kim. My last post was February 17, 2007; I've just completed this ski sweater, using the EZ Percentage System, for my 13-year-old son, Ian. My inspiration was the Aspen Yoke sweater in Knitting Workshop. Elizabeth references Wool Gathering #7, and since I didn't have that available, I used the Graphs for Knitting from Leaflet #3 in The Opinionated Knitter for my leaf design (number 13). The Yarn is Knit Picks, Wool of the Andes, in Spruce (main color) and Cloud. I liked working with Wool of the Andes; it is very soft and knit up nicely on #9 needles. Luckily, there is room for Ian to grow (but not too much); it is ready and waiting for next ski season!


3 Comments:

  • it is very beautiful indeed. love it.

    By Blogger knititch, at 4:06 AM  

  • Absolutely gorgeous! Oh, I'm soooooooooo jealous. Must improve my skills.

    Love the color and the design.

    Sandy
    blog walking this am and hoped over from Knitting by the Ocean

    By Blogger Sandy, at 5:49 AM  

  • Very Very Beautiful. The colors are great !!! Congratulations.

    By Blogger DesiLoop, at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home