Zimmermania

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another mystery blanket


Having knitted one mystery blanket a wee while back I knew straight away which blanket would be on the agenda, when my sister-in-law said that she would like a knitted pram blanket for my niece. I really enjoy this pattern and it being my second attempt I decided to change the method a tiny bit. I knitted six large squares and when knitting the edge on them I continued the increases in the corners right to the last row. I assembled all the squares and continued knitting a border around the assembled squares. A couple of rows before the end I increased the amount of stitches by about 50% to amass an enormous amount of stitches and make a nice fluted edge.



I didn't have a chance to wash and block before handing the blanket over as it was in use practically before the last end was sewn away!



I have a few more pictures on my blog, if it's of any interest. I can heartily recommend this pattern as it can be knitted in any yarn, any colour, any size etc. I am pretty sure this won't be my last mystery blanket!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home