Zimmermania

Monday, June 30, 2008

February Sweater sizing

Hi there! So I'm venturing into my first EZ knit and I've chosen the February Sweater. I was wondering if anyone can help me with the sizing. It sounds like the pattern from KA produces a sweater approximately 3-6 months in size and I'm looking to alter the sizing to fit a 2 year old. Any help out there? Or possibly anyone that has knit the sweater in that size that happens to remember the mathematics of it (number of cast on stitches, etc)?

3 Comments:

  • I followed EZ's numbers but knit with worsted weight yarn and a US7 or 8 needle. You will want to use measurements that correspond to a two-year-old, rather than those given in the Almanac. I just knit the sleeves and body longer. Good luck!

    By Blogger Kathleen Dames, at 5:12 AM  

  • I made one with Plymouth Encore Worsted (size 10 needle?) and it ended up the right size for my 5 year old using the same numbers as in the book. Using a DKish weight yarn (Socks that Rock HeavyWeight on a size 5 needle) and the numbers in the book gave me something that was almost 12-18 months.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:57 PM  

  • Interesting, the last two comments. I followed the Almanac directions exactly but used worsted weight yarn (Cascade 220) with a US7 needle, and it fit about a 6-9 month size. Here are my blog notes in case anyone wants to know more.

    If you have a copy of Ann Budd's Knitter's Book of Sweater Patterns, you could figure out the basic measurements for a two year old and go from there, maybe? I'm intrigued now since I love the FBS so much and my own little girl has just turned two. :)

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home