Zimmermania

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sleep Sack from Baby Surprise?

I've had an epiphany! My little sister is expecting her first baby and has asked me to make a snuggle sack for sleeping. I saw this post for a modified baby surprise jacket with legs, but really, I don't need to get that complicated. All I need to do is extend the body of the jacket down (so if you're looking at the front of a finished jacket, after you finish making right angles from the armpit, just extend the bit of back & forth knitting to make it a longer body). When finished, I just need to add buttons all down the front and across the bottom - or just down the front and sew the bottom together. VOILA! A snuggle sack. Even better - a stretchy, extra warm snuggle sack!

Now, to actually find time to do this.....

2 Comments:

  • Thanks so much for posting this link. I am ready to try it. I purchased some yarn last night and am ready to give it a try.

    By Blogger knitnut, at 6:27 AM  

  • It sounds like a great idea. Don't forget, though, that overheating is thought to be a major factor in the risk of SIDS (cot death).

    Sleep sacks are usually sleeveless, and made of cotton or lightly quilted cotton fabric.

    Maybe your sister should talk to her obstetrician or midwife about the idea before you spend a lot of time on knitting it.

    By Blogger Moorecat, at 3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home