Zimmermania

Friday, November 07, 2008

Woodman's Sock

Here is another pair of Woodsman's Socks:



As per usual, there were modifications. I did not keep up the ribbing on the foot and I did a slightly modified heel - I did not do the garter section on the side in lieu of a preferred plainer method. These were knit on size 6 dpns with Raggi wool. These are so nice and easy to make and very warm. This is maybe the fifth pair I have made, but the second pair for my husband.

You can see a few more details and other projects on my blog.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I love the colours and combination you have chosen for the socks. And now I must check in Opinionated Knitter because twenty five years or so ago a 'woodsman' gave me the pattern (from his head) for socks that his mom had taught him to make many many years before and from which he had made many.....many socks. I loved the look and simplicity and versatility of his socks and started making them and have made .... many.
    Perhaps Keith's mom got the pattern from Elizabeth. What fun.

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:48 AM  

  • What colorful and beautiful socks=happy feet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 PM  

  • Your socks are lovely! I think you'd make EZ proud :)

    By Blogger tweezle, at 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home