Zimmermania

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Two baby sweaters


February Sweater





Yarn: Jaggerspun Heather 3/8 in Wisteria from here
Buttons: Small circle hearts from Webs
About knitting it:
Next time I'd be tempted to knit it all in the round and then just steek it. I forget how much purling annoys me sometimes. I did knit the arms in the round: used provisional cast-on for the underarm stitches. Oh, because I did my button holes differently (row 1: k, bo 2, k row 2: k, m2, k) the edging looked horrible near the buttons. I fixed that by doing a single crochet edging on the front edges. All in all, a very sweet little pattern.


Baby Surprise Jacket



Yarn: Blue is an indigo dyed yarn I bought from a woman at my local spinning guild meeting. The natural yarn is from Cestari. I don't think they still make this yak blend, but I have only positive things to say about their yarns in general... a real pleasure to knit with.
Buttons: Bear heads from Webs
About knitting it: I confess, I finished this a long time ago and just didn't get around to posting it. The cleverness of the construction absolutely blows me away. I'm a huge fan of EZ, and this sort of pattern is exactly why!

1 Comments:

  • What a sweet pair of sweaters. Your friend achieved a beautiful dark, even indigo - I love navy and natural in company.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home