Zimmermania

Monday, January 12, 2009

A Seamless Hybrid for my husband

I just finished knitting a sweater for my husband, using EZ's "Seamless Hybrid" sweater architecture. I had tried to knit him a sweater from a magazine pattern before, and wound up ripping the whole thing out and starting from scratch, doing the math to make sure the sweater fit exactly how he wanted it to. I'm so delighted with how it turned out, and he loves it too (though he looks a bit cold in this picture!):

Andrew in his new sweater, side view


The sweater has knit-in hems with contrast-color facings, and was knit in the round with a garter stitch column on either side of the steek. It was my first time steeking, but it worked out beautifully!

You can read more about the project here. Happy Knitting!

4 Comments:

  • I hope he wears it constantly -- it came out so well!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 2:30 PM  

  • Good sweater

    By Blogger UnBrokable*, at 3:11 PM  

  • Absolutely gorgeous love love the shoulders.

    I've made three of EZ's sweaters and all my shoulders have been well-funny It's not the pattern its me...of coarse I can see you been a life time knitter as I've been a photographer painter

    I love Zimmerman, you've seen her DVD from public TV=right? Available at the public library in Dane County WI

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 AM  

  • That is a great sweater. Beautiful color and very well executed. I am inspired!

    By Blogger Hangin' on by a thread.......of yarn!, at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home