Zimmermania

Friday, August 21, 2009

Trouble with BSJ....

I was doing great with my first BSJ until I found the increases for the buttonholes.... I do not know how to do the yarn over to then k2tog....

I mean, it's my first pattern in English (I'm argentinian) and even though I'm a teacher of the language (primary and high school), knitting patterns in English (or spanish lol) sometimes confuse me....


Here are 2 pix of my BSJ meant for my 2 months old baby

beginning to work the 90 stiches

Is this the way the increases should look like in the WS?


Finally, for those who are wondering... no, I'm not knitting it in circular needles... I found it extremely difficult... stichtes find trouble going from the cable into the needle (not the other way round...) someone told me national circular needles are not of good quality... anyway.... the left needle is getting heavier and heavier....
cheers!

6 Comments:

  • Hi Eli --

    The YO k2tog buttonholes are really easy. A YO is just a loop. For a small loop, just bring the yarn to the front of the right needle as if you were going to purl, but instead knit the next two stitches together. You will have created a loop around the needle that you will knit in the next round as a stitch. If you want a bigger hole than that, wrap your yarn completely around the right needle by taking it over the needle, then around to the back again, knit the next two stitches together.

    By Blogger Jen, at 6:53 AM  

  • Jen is right. Just another clarification. The yarn over knit two together is not an increase. At the end of that row, you will have the same number of stitches that you had at the beginning of the row. You are adding a stitch with the Yarn over and then immediately removing a stitch with the knit two together. As Jen said, the yarn over is just bringing the yarn to the front of the needle. This will cause an extra stitch to be formed on your right needle as you go to knit the next stitch. The knit two together is just what it sounds like- treat the next two stitches on your left-hand needle as if they were one stitch.

    By Blogger Emily, at 9:57 AM  

  • Thank you both girls!
    I was just having a cup of tea watching TV, my BSJ on my right side, my baby boy having a nap on my left side and my toddler girl playing around the bedroom pondering whether or not to carry on with this buttonhole thingy. when I realized I had to come to the computer and check on my post...
    I'll press on! thank you again!

    By Blogger Eli, at 11:52 AM  

  • I just browsed a bit..., you have some great designs here..., I think I want to really start knitting now!

    By Blogger Maya @ Completely Coastal, at 7:45 AM  

  • Here is a dictionary of common knitting terms for english - spanish:
    http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/ordliste.php?list=enesptfr

    By Anonymous Lilly, at 10:20 AM  

  • Hello Can you please email me> My email address is son@mweb.co.za

    I would appreciate it if you could assist me with the famous Baby Surprise Jacket. I have new at knitting and I am stuck where it says at 5 ridges inc across ends. I do not know what to do.

    Thanks
    Anxious

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home